Saturday, July 23, 2011

MYSTERY SWAP #2 & YARD SALE FIND

Got this in the mail yesterday. My mystery swap from Georgie at http://georgie-hornpuddinnpie.blogspot.com/ don't' you just love the envelope.In side there were lot of goodies to work with. I used a little of everything except some clear cellophane type material, just couldn't make it work. Did not use the little pink tag, will use it on another project I'm sure.And this is the tag I made. Inked and stamped the tag, cut out the rose & flowers from vintage wrapping paper she sent. To a smaller tag she sent I added a small round tag, cut the cherish from another tag, and put it all together with the rope of pearls. Some white ribbon across the top with some rhinestone type embellishments. Some of the same in the lower corner. To the blue flowers I added some mini,mini, bead type things, not sure what you call them. Some Pitt pen doodles and was done. Thanks Georgie I had fun playing with your stuff.Got this box of goodies at a yard sale yesterday for 75 cents. I could not believe she said that price. This was inside bunch of crochet thread, with one being a big ball that weight a pound! Some rick rack and seam binding, and a couple small envelopes with buttons. Also in there was this tiny vintage sewing box. It is 8" X 5" X 3" deep. So sweet, it had a few old zippers and a pin cushion that I could see in the short time I looked before buying it. When I got home and took everything out you will not believe what was in it!!!!BUTTONS !! LOL I had a lot of fun for a couple hrs sitting in the living room trying to cool off in front of the fan playing with and sorting my new treasure. Now I know I am a button collector for sure!
Had a good day even if most of it was spent trying to keep cool.
We did get a smalll thunder storm late afternoon, but very little rain with it. All for now thanks for looking and come back soon.
Blessings
Donna

5 comments:

  1. First I love what you created from Georgie's Mystery Envelope! Beautiful!! And I need to go yard sale-ing with you! You seem to find all the goodies! Hugs,Tee

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice job on mystery envelope #2

    and your YARD SALE FINDS {{{envy}}}
    you hit the jackpot there girlfriend :D

    BEAR HUGS
    ~victoria~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited with your mystery tag project. That was a load of fun putting together stuff for you. The beads are from Martha Stewart's collection and they are called Microbeads. I LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Donna,
    I've blogged about your items for the mystery swap, thank you for the mystery swap, that was a lot of fun!
    http://georgie-hornpuddinnpie.blogspot.com/2011/07/purple-cupcakes-triple-play.html

    ReplyDelete