Thursday, July 28, 2011

BROWN & BLUE COLOR OF SUMMER TAGS

Playing catch up with the tags. This is blue one, shipping tag inked and stamped. Small piece of sheet music, some blue flower paper strip down the side. The ribbon looks black but it is navy blue. And a couple blue vintage buttons.Close up...vintage grandfather clock cut from mag, flowers from some lace, with blue rhinestones. Love my rhinestones! LOL Behind the clock a couple of vintage blue plates cut from a mag. Brown....I think of men in their brown suits, pipes, news papers. Inked and stamped another shipping tag. Added a strip of paper , and a cut out of vintage a man. An owl tag that can be removed was added. In right hand upper corner is an old bingo number o-66 from a vintage game. Found it in the buttons the other day.Close up...with the owl tag removed.....It was nestled behind some soft mesh ribbon, with a couple brown buttons. The owl has a couple of cool rhinestone eyes. On the tag I tried to blotch some ink but didn't work to well I think some blending solution is needed. Oh, there is a little brown sparrow behind the mesh.
Cloudy rainy day, looks like it will be all day rain. Even tho it was raining, went to a couple yard sales and one estate sale. You will never guess what the queen of $5 got. Next post. But I am lov'n it! Been working on a cedar box , those kind you get in a tourist trap store. Going to alter it an make it cool looking! Trying to take pic's so I can show you how I did it. Since watching Utube takes up so much of my Verizon GBits on my puter, I started watching some altered art videos on my Droid phone. Working out well, but sometimes they do not talk loud enough. I wonder if getting an ear piece would help. Not getting much done on the house, I am tired of doing all this heavy work, did that all my life. Now that I am retired, I want to do retired things , fun things. Making me happy things. :) :) :) see....happy faces. LOL. Going to go take pic's of my yard sale finds to show you, thanks for looking and come back soon
Blessings
Donna

5 comments:

  1. Love these tags!
    What a clever idea, creating that pocket out of ribbon mesh... love it :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna Your Tags are Fantastic! I love them both! But the Owl Tag W/Pocket is Neat! Because I love Tags with Pockets that conceal or hold another tag!
    You are really good @ whatever you decide to create!
    You put 100% into whatever you are crafting & it shows! Hugs,Tee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Donna, how did I get so lucky as to receive a bird tag from you for Karla's swap. Yep, I have one beautiful tag and I want to thank you so much. I love it. Your work inspires me and I just had to become your latest follower, Char

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Donna, I received one of your beautiful tags in Karla's bird tag swap. I should have KNOWN you were a tag expert when I first saw it. Seeing your blog confirms it! I love the coloring, the hand done edges and especially the birdcage stamp! I'll sit and read your blog in way more detail very soon, gotta go thank my other 6 tagmakers. Take care,
    Julie Jones www.juliejayne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! Thank you for "catching up" so that we can see this beautiful work - I love your tags and that owl is perfect! xo

    ReplyDelete