Wednesday, July 20, 2011

MORE BUTTONS & THE COLOR RED

I want to show you a couple things here, these are all the buttons that I have collected since I have been in PA. this summer. Never collected so many in such a short time. I guess with all that I have in FL you could now call me a button collector. Pink and red in one jar, blue and green in another, and different and fancy in the other. All white and dark in the tin.


The other thing I want to show was how I fancied up the everyday jars. These jars had ugly lids, so I spray painted the white and decoupaged some flowers on them. The jar on the right has some fashion yarn in it. I think I am going to be using a lot of this kind of thing for storage in my studio.Here is a close up of the tops.Kristin at http://twinkletwinklelikeastar.blogspot.com/ is having a Color of Summer Challenge and every week she gives a new color prompt to make something. I did not join officially but now I would like to do it so I think I will just play along on my own. So I jumped in this week with the color being red. Here is what I made. Using a shipping tag, I stamped it with the crackle stamp with red ink. Then inked the edges. I added the vintage wash girl, I found her in an old album I got at a flea market. Someone had cut out a bunch of things and glued them in the album, there were a few of these. It was an album with the old black pages, remember those? Then I used some ribbon I got in one of my swaps, added some red rhinestone bubbles, a few birds flying around to help make her wash day fun! A red button set in red glitter glue on the wash bucket and a red rhinestone heart in the corner. I used red fashion yarn and red beads for the tag hanger. Some detail using the Pitt pens and I think it's done.Isn't she sweet, I think now I should have copied her before using her. Still hot here, I worked on some art yesterday afternoon, it was really to hot to do anything else. I took the paper towel tubes I had, and cut them up and covered them so they are all ready to decorate. I want to make a bunch of the pouches. I plan on selling them at a show, they make great money or gift card holders. I would like to do a few more swaps, anyone out there know of any that just started? Please ...leave me a comment. All for now thanks for looking and come back soon.
Blessing Donna

5 comments:

  1. Donna,
    I can see you love buttons, I do, too.
    Thanks for stopping by and touring my creative space.
    Have a great week.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, I love your little girl washing tag! She is Gorgeous!
    The way you made bling bubbles is so creative! Just an all around Fantastic Tag!
    And Jeanie @ All My Art Is Hosting an Altered Cd Swap!
    Do you swap @ Swapbot? It is the best place!!! There are Hundreds of Swaps to check in to! http://www.swap-bot.com
    Lottsa Hugs,Tee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna I just got a Lady in a hat atc swap up! Come & join! Hugs,Tee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for comments ....makes my day!
    Karla,I got the crackle stamp at jo-ann'sK

    ReplyDelete