Wednesday, July 6, 2011

FIRST MATCH BOX

I have been wanting to do an altered match box. So when  Tee offered a swap I jumped at the chance to make one. This is not the one I made for the swap, but they come to in a package so I made two! This is one side of the box. covered with vintage sheet music, cut out bird from a book with mesh ribbon. The other side of the match box. Covered with sheet music, stamped and colored with chalk pencils distressed and fake rhinestones. I love doing these!009

All the goodies I put in the box.008

007The top of box covered with scrap book paper, hand crochet vintage mini doily, added some fashion yarn and pieces of vintage paper doily. Heart rhinestone.013

Close up of doily. I found these in a old antique sewing box so I am thinking the are very old. Most every thing in the box was old enough to be antique.

I am not sure where these pic’s and text will end up on blogger cause I am using live writer, I will tell you again this is not the box I sent to my swap partner. Post that one soon as she gets it. All for now thanks for looking and come back soon

Blessings Donna

3 comments:

  1. Donna You have made this so Vintage! And I love the embellishments you used,especially the little barrel drawer handle! So Gorgeous!I love your work! Very Inspiring! Hugs,Tee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. Actually. I love collage work of any kind. Re-purposeing and embellishment are such a worthwhile thing to do... useful and beautiful.
    Keep posting... teach us all. It gives me lots of motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely looking altered matchbox!
    And the goodies into, what a wonderful gift :)

    ReplyDelete