Wednesday, April 6, 2011

ALTERED VINTAGE BOTTLES & A PICTURE

3 VINTAGE BOTTLES: Three little vintage bottles I altered yesterday. I have a bunch of these in PA, going to have fun doing these! They have some of the vintage wrapping paper on the main body of the bottle. One has some very old sheet music on it. So old that it was falling apart as it tried to glue it on. Then I used old buttons and other embellishment's. I love the way they turned out.
SMALL ALTERED BOTTLE
ALTERED BOTTLE
MORE BOTTLE
DOING SOMETHING: I planed on doing something with this today, got started will show you next post. The pic is a copy I made at staples on card stock. It was black and white and I want to see what pastel chalk and what water color pencils would do also. First I used the chalk pencils on the girls pink top. I could not get it to blend well at all , so I don't think I like doing that. Went to the water color pencils with the blue dress. That worked out great. Did a little blush on the face of each and hands. Got the frame at a yard sale for 50 cents. I am liking the way it is turning out so far. WEATHER IN MELBOURNE FL. Temp today was 70 sunny great day. Going to warm up tomorrow.

Pearl is coming in the morning for another art day. Can't wait to see what we do. Last time we were able to work on the patio but I think it will be to windy for that tomorrow.

I sent Andria her altered vintage post card, she was the give away winner. Hope she likes it.

It was fun doing the give away, but not many made a comment. I know people are reading my blog I sure would like to know why not many comments for the give away. Any one want to comment on this?

That's it for now thanks for looking and come back soon.

Blessings

Donna

2 comments:

  1. Hi Donna, Looking forward to the arrival of the card! I really like your altered bottles...that's something I really enjoy doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna I see you've altered bottles too! I have to make a trip to the thrift store and see what I find! I want to get started on the altered bottle/jar swap!
    Thanks for the inspiration! Hugs,Tee

    ReplyDelete