Wednesday, March 16, 2011

LACE JACKPOT & FUN DAY

LACE JACKPOT! I hit the jackpot yesterday on my way home. I stopped at the Goodwill store and found all this lace for about 3$. I could not believe my find neither could the check out girl, she said they hardly ever got lace and when they did it went quick. I was there at the right time.I will have to share it because with another lucky find at a yard sale a few weeks ago I have more than I will ever need. Unless I am going to make an altered art wedding dress. LOL
POCKET WITH TAG: This is the first pocket tag I made on a page in my Art Learning Journal.
It might be a little hard to see, wont you be glad when I get a new camera? Above it is some punchanella.
WEATHER IN MELBOURNE FL: Temp 80 with sun and few clouds this afternoon.
Yesterday I went to visit new altered arts friend Pearl and her family of pups, so cute little things. I forget what they are.
Anyway we talked for a couple hrs. She showed me some more of her work, great stuff, and we traded a few things. I gave her a packet of ephemera and she gave me an old wall paper book and a large sheet of paper like stuff to use for back grounds. I think I got the better of the deal lol.
We traded a few of the Somerset Books to look at. Made an "art day"date for next Tues. at my place to start an altered art project. I think we are going to make a large collage to hang using a wallpaper book front. Sounds like a fun day to me.
Well that's it for now thanks for looking come back soon.
Blessings
Donna

1 comment:

  1. Lucky you! The last couple of times I stopped at Goodwill, there wasn't anything worth leaving the store with ;-( I think altered art is beautiful, just not my craft to do. I'll let the experts like you make them for me :-)

    ReplyDelete