Tuesday, January 4, 2011

MY ART PROJECT, HOW I FEEL, FRUIT

CHRISTMAS PRESENT NEW PAGE

CLOSE UP


EVEN CLOSER
WEATHER IN MELBOURNE FL. LOW THIS AM 58, CLOUDY HIGH TO BE 74 WITH SUN LATER.
This is a new page in my learning journal. It reflex how I have been feeling about myself. Always hungry, over weight, more like "FAT". I am 65 and can not go on like this. So to start I put in a page for my journal. ( We R what we eat. ) First off I tried a technique from the Internet painting the back ground with acrylic paint. I used lime green. You just kinda slop it on. Its not ment t o be perfect. Then I used a couple of my new stamps I got at a yard sale and stamped all over the green. Also learned about putting a border around your page from cut up papers of any kind. I used some magazine pages, some strips of paper I cut from a paper I painted, and even some ribbon. Then I gathered up all the food clippings I had and just started applying them. I am still working on it. I wonder when a page is considered done? I put the big lips on the pizza head, considering that might be my big mouth, lol. Wanting to be filled with food.
I went to Goodwill and found some ephemera. An old stamp wholesale catalog with very nice colored pic's of the stamps. an old library book, about a bunny cut plain graphics. I found Goodwill a wealth of books for altered art. Especially kids books.
All for now thanks for looking
Donna


No comments:

Post a Comment