Saturday, December 17, 2011

MINI ALBUMS DONE

Here are the two mini albums I was working on. I used the chunky children's books you get at the Dollar Tree stores. I got some last year, and covered them with some old paper. And that was it, then this year I started watching You Tube and seen how everyone was making such beautiful mini's. And realized I had a long way to go, and the paper was just too old and not pretty. Some was but most not. So I practiced on these two books. Bloom is on the right and love is on the left. Both covers I left the old paper on. Added some lace, flowers , bling and a stick pin. All the edges of the albums are distressed with Ranger distressing ink. I put glimmer mist on some of the flowers. I made some and was not happy with it, so I went back and added more perfect pearls to it and it is much better. The Bloom mini album. Click for close up. I have not added a charm to this one yet.The love mini album. They booth have fibers added to the binding. And this one has a charm. I have a closure on this one, a shank button secured with a fancy paper clip on the front and I used those stretchy hair bands and glued it to the back page, after punching a hole to slip it thru. Then to cover the hair band, I put a paper flower on it. I should have put the band on the back cover before the paper. Here is a few pages from the albums. You can see the paper clip on that holds the shank button on the left side page. I made a tag for a photo and space to journal on the back. You can also put a photo on the page its self. The right hand page I used the top half of a greeting card that was shaped like a purse and stuck a tag in that. I did use pretty Mariposa paper on the left side , with the butterflies. Old paper on the base of the right page and a couple circle tags. Some lace on the bottom.I used more Mariposa paper on these pages, I want to save that paper to use when I get better at making these mini's. The shiny pink butterfly is a from a bunch of rhinestones I got in PA. The left page has a tag and the right is for a photo. Or what ever. Used old paper mostly on this page, a scrap from the Mariposa for the tag. The flower is a from a piece of lace that I cut up. Put some paint and rhinestone on it.This page has old paper on the back, and the tag is made from scrap that I used on the second page above. A paper flower on the tag stuck behind lace. This is the album sitting up so you can see the closure. And how fat it is. These mini's are made to be fat. They will be even fatter when they are loaded with photos.
I wish I knew how to make a video and up load it to You Tube. I would like to try my hand at that. It is a good way to network with other artist. I think I need a new camera first, then look in to doing it. Do any of you watch the You Tube video's on scraping and other art ?? You should take a look, a whole new art/craft life opened up to me. I have a couple more of these to work on. Then I want do some that should be good enough to give away as gifts and to sell. I need to make some simple ones that would sell at craft shows in the spring. That's all for now thanks for looking and come back soon.
blessings
donna

3 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS.....your mini books are simply stunning Donna! How can you say you need to get better? These are wonderful and I would feel so lucky to get one of them or even buy at your craft fair. Never sell yourself short...you are inspiring me so much with what you do. I am so glad we have been partners so I can follow your creative journey.
    Today was delighted to open mail from you...and I found a true treasure in the beautiful vintage postcard you gifted to me...and the pretty ATC you so kindly made for me...a true gift from the heart...such kindness...I thank you so very much...for the surprise gifts, the inspiration and your friendship.
    Sending you blessings...Karla

    ReplyDelete
  2. omgoodness donna!! just really really lovely.... i'm just amazed at how gorgeous they are. i adore the mariposa papers, just can't go wrong with a one of them. can't wait to see how all the die cuts fit into your next creations... hope your package arrives soon and you enjoy every one. thanks so much for swapping all the pretty lace with ya... next time i'll have to talk ya into swapping one of your mini albums for more treasures!!! ;)
    oh, and did i mention how gorgeous the mini albums are??? :D
    ~mara

    ReplyDelete
  3. too lovely.. i can't describe.. beautifull..
    http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete