Tuesday, January 31, 2012

STICK PIN SWAP & HAND MADE FLOWERS

Got my winter stick pin swap yesterday from Valery at http://itsanalienlife.blogspot.com/ Beautiful tag she made for them! Close up of the great pins and love the handmade paper flowers. The tag is covered with lace. The swap was hosted by Tee at http://thealteredpaper.blogspot.com/ Thanks for being my swap partner Valery!Flowers : This is my first attempt at a lolly pop flower, you know the kind made with silky material and you burn the edges to make them curl. I used a 4 in wide cream colored satin ribbon to make this one. I sure need to get a light to do these, I used a match, lol, not good idea. After I put it together I sprayed it with some shimmer mist I made. I must be doing something wrong, does not shimmer much. Then added some pink glitter glue.Here is a group of flowers I have been working on. I joined a handmade flower swap over at http://minialbumscraps.ning.com. These may or may not be in this swap. I have some crochet ones in there, my grandmother taught me how to crochet when I was just a kid. Really glad she did.These are some mini spiral paper roses with glitter glue and I made a base of lace for them.Here are some larger paper roses with a silk leaf added. WEATHER: It has been wonderful weather here in Florida. A few cloudy days , low 70's. I have been working on a few swaps. One I have to get finished is the pin cushion swap. I have never made one of these, so I am slow. Going to start making my #8 mystery swap today sorry I am a little behind on that one. And need to get the tag a month done for Feb. over at Tee's. Got the mini junk journal swap done and sending it this week. Turned out good I think. After my partner gets it I will post pic's All for now thanks for looking and come back soon.
blessings
Donna

1 comment: