Monday, October 3, 2011

MAIL= SWAP

Got this in the mail on Sat. What a great surprise! From Christine at http://ipokedabadgerwithaspoon.blogspot.com/ my other swap partner in the Curiosities Swap that was held by Heather at the http://speckled-egg.blogspot.com/ both have wonderful blogs go check them out. This is the wonderful match box that Christine sent me. Very rustic and vintage. Just what I go for! She also told a great story about the man riding camel. She named him Ed Fisher, told about his travels starting at age 16. All his trinkets that he found in the far reaches of the world were put in this treasure box.Opened it up and this is what I found, chucked full of these trinkets. Check out the eye ! It winks! Click on all the pic's to see what treasures he found. FiJi Pearls, gold flakes etc. etcShe made the box open up instead of sliding like match box does.Along with the altered match box was this muslin bag of goodies.In the bag....cool stuff, including an old test tube full of vintage shell buttons!
Christine had so much detail in the box. I sure will have fun using the items in my altered art, after
I get done looking at it. If I could find a small printers drawer I would put some of this in it. I have to re-think my swaps, like making some theme swaps. I have a lot to learn. I am trying to get back to normal, its hard with hurting feet! Go back to the doc on wed hope he can do something. I am going to join a few swaps with Tee at here new blog for swapping http://thealteredpaper.blogspot.com/
Thanks for looking come back soon
Blessings
Donna

2 comments:

  1. What a Treasure Box! I love that it opens like a Book! Very Creative & Well Done! Very Nice! Hugs,Tee

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Such a treasure!
    What a wonderful treat to receive in the mail :]

    ReplyDelete