Saturday, December 18, 2010

MY JUNK JOURNAL & SOME LOOT

LOOT I GOT AT YARD SALE: This was a great find of, old Christmas books, early 1950's very cool. Then I found some old doily's round ones, and a few in the shape of hart, diamond, spade, really nice fun ephemera. And a couple old books to alter. I loved the old library pocket! These will all be fun working in my altered art projects. MY JUNK JOURNAL



JUNK JOURNAL STANDING ON END



A PAGE IN JOURNAL



ANOTHER PAGE





MORE






THE BACK
This is my first attempt at making and altered art journal. So I decided to call it my junk journal, and fill it with things that I have and like that are lying around with out a home. Just being moved from place to place. First of all I altered the pages in side making them ready for the new occupants. I used some of the techniques I have learned on the Internet and used in the journals in the last post. One of the techniques was to wrinkle up a page then smooth it out and lightly rub a ink stamp pad over it. In the next to the last page on the left side, I tore up paper and glued it on the page, in one part I tore some tissue paper up and glued it on, it has the gold stars on it. Each page then is distressed with an ink pad. I will show you before and after pic's of some pages as I add to them. This book was a composition book, that I got at the dollar store. The front has a couple pieces of paper added to it, but had some decoration all ready on it. I will be adding more to this front as time goes on and I see something I like. The same with the back it was all red and I put the heart paper on. The ribbon serves a purpose besides being decorative, they help hold the book together as it gets heavier when you add to it. I am having fun working with this book. I have a few things here with me to put in it, as I still have a lot of stuff in PA. I have a few things the G-kids made for me when they were little, and a few cards the kids send me on BD's and Mothers Day.
I would love to join in a few swaps, if anyone reading this knows of any swaps that I could join in please leave a comment! I know its close to Christmas, so not much going on right now with this type of thing, but I would love to join a Valentine swap.
Thanks for looking and come back soon
Donna






No comments:

Post a Comment