Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Geocache and Toruist

ERIE EXTENSION CANAL LOCK # 10
LOCK FROM THE PARKING AREA

LOCK CLOSE UP WATER
USE TO FLOW THRU THIS



Well I have been thinking about things that I would blog about while traveling full time in an RV.
I know its going to be awhile so got to thinking about if I were passing thru this town what would be of toruist type intrest here. When I went to a town about 13 mi. away (Sharpsville PA) looking for a geocache I found a very toruist area that I never knew was there, and I have lived here all my life. I found the cache and then looked around. This #10 lock is the last you can see along the Shenango River in N West Pa. it was part of the Erie Extension Canal. This town made a nice little park here and you can also go fishing in the river. You can see the river flowing beside it in the second pic. The canal went from Lake Erie to the Ohio River. For more info you can google the Erie Extension Canal. This is just an added fun time to Geocaching. I think I will be posting a few more things around Mercer Co. as I find them.
THE HOUSE! Well I would say we got the house 3/4 finished. Hope to finish this weekend as
it will be in the 60's and no rain. I finaly feel like major progress has been made takeing me closer to my new adventure. My first travel adventure will be this coming Jan. 2010 ( no rv yet)when I go to stay with my dad in FL for a few months. I plan on blogging about my travels and time there.
well thats all for now
blessing
donna

No comments:

Post a Comment