Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Vintage Thingy Thursday!

Vintage Tins


Vintage Tins and homemade Choco chip cookies!
Been having major problems with my verizon dsl ...but looks like I can do a VTT today.
Here are a few tins that I have collected over the years....I like red tins to go with my red kitchen....but have a few hershey's in there too...also made some cookies last nite...what I do is make put a batch of dough then bakes some and the rest I make into dough balls freeze on cookie sheet then put in zip lock freezer bag and when I get a craving for cookies take out a few and bake them....that way I don't eat a ton of them at a time which I would do if they were around!
This week I started working on getting my house ready to sell....my son is helping me and we got 7 windows scraped, caulked, and primed...I know....it's a little late in the year for doing this outside work but....thats the way it end up ....so I don't think we will get much more than windows done this year. At least it is a start and I am happy about that! Thats all for now don't for get to visit our host http://coloradolady.blogspot.com/
Thanks for looking!
donna

23 comments:

  1. I like the pictures with the cookies in them the best! Love your tins, and that's a great idea about freezing the dough balls, and only baking a few at a time. I am definitely one of those who would eat the whole batch in one sitting!
    Happy VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm a MAD tin collector too lol!!..you've got a lovely display!..thanks also for the cookie dough hint :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a great collection of tins. You have them displayed very nicely and seem to put them to good use. Glad you stopped by my place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! That's a lot of tins. I like the way you have them displayed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice - love the Hungry Jacks tin. I could kick myself because I had a few tins but gave them away. I think the only one I have left is an old Briggs tobacco tin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a collection of tins too. I haven't added to it lately because I don't have space for more. I almost bought one yesterday at a thrift store.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice collection of tins. Thanks for sharing them.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a wonderful collection. I also love tins..but the ones I do have are not nearly so nice as yours.It's a great display..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tins are so fun to collect. I like collecting the tiny ones. Good luck with getting your house ready to sell, sounds like lots of work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great collection of tins! Thanks for the tip on freezing the cookie dough-I never thought of making the balls!

    Good luck with the outdoor housework!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great tins! I remember the Ritz crackers from the time I was little, but we had them in cardboard boxes only.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh...they're beautiful, as always. They look perfect on top of the old wood. Metal and wood always look so nice together.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The tins are great, but those cookies!!! Oh that you could SHARE through cyber space!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chocolate chip cookies are my favorite! I can eat too many at one sitting also. LOL! Love the arrangement of your tins.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Living it up at Lakewood,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Every once in a while I see wonderful tins but never all in one place like this! How great they all look together! What a collection!

    Happy VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've always loved the look of these in a cheery kitchen!

    rachel

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful collection of tins, I saw one the other day at Goodwill, was going to pick it up and this old lady SNATCHED it right off the shelf from in front of me...I looked at her with raised eyebrows...but she darted off....could not even tell if it was vintage or not, it all happened so fast!

    Have a great weekend and a wonderful VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tins are so much fun to collect and great "hiding" places too. Your collection is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I used to collect those very same kind of tins! It used to be fun to see who would come out with the next one! They are really displayed nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love old tins. I have a few myself. I'm just getting around to visiting the VTT blogs. It's always so fun to see what everyone is showing.

    Jocelyn
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

    ReplyDelete